The effectiveness of leadership skills in any team or organization plays a critical role in the levels of success and harmony that can be achieved.
Take this Self-Assessment to determine whether your leadership skills have been sharpened to a keen edge.
1. I’ve become more comfortable delegating tasks and managing the performance of others than doing things myself.
2. Before committing to a decision, I ask myself if it will serve my purpose. I say “No” to requests for my time and attention that are not aligned with my purpose.
3. Coworkers and those who report directly to me trust me and my effectiveness as a leader.
4. I successfully enroll others in my vision and influence their behavior at work.
5. It’s less what I say and more what I do that affects how others perceive my leadership ability, so I make sure to “walk my talk.”
6. It can be daunting to confront the issues, obstacles and people that block success. But in doing so, I model courage, persistence and a can-do attitude.
7. I hold myself accountable for my actions and the actions of my team/department. I don’t make excuses.
8. I will not be able to please everyone; leadership is not a popularity contest.
9. I view problems as opportunities to excel. In fact, I focus on the opportunities in every problem. A positive attitude can make a project or objective
10. I seek opportunities for education and skills enhancement, as I want to continuously grow my abilities.
11. Everything in my organization/department/team, both good and bad, is a reflection of my leadership. If things need to change, I need to change first.
12. I don’t avoid difficult conversations with those who are not performing to my standards.
13. I plan meetings to keep them short and effective.
14. I treat others how I want to be treated, with respect and dignity; this includes praising in public but expressing displeasure in private.
15. I am open to new suggestions and receptive to bad news.
16. I don’t hog credit and kudos but attribute them freely to my team.
17. I regularly communicate mission and vision face-to-face to my team.
If you answered true to 10 or more statements, keep up the good work! You have developed strong leadership skills. If fewer, you may wish to hone your leadership skills with a coach.
Contact Sunrise Business Advisors for your complimentary Leadership Excellence Assessment Preview (LEAP). Thom Torode is a Morris County based Executive & Business Coach. He has owned over 5 different businesses and is also a licensed facilitator and co-principal for Elevate Your Leaders in NJ. When not helping business owners and their teams create the business and lives they want and need, he can be found following his kids activities.
Sunrise Business Advisors can be reached at 862-219-6890 or info@SBAnow.com
Author’s content used under license, © Claire Communications