In my first post about the Slingshot Sales Process I talked about why a Sling Shot and gave you a little understanding about how it applies to developing a sales process.
Let’s review some of the individual Slingshot Sales components of the Slingshot System
The elastic band is the part of the slingshot where the action takes place. It takes energy to pull back the band and propel the projectile forward. With just the right amount of energy, the band can be released and send the projectile flying accurately to hit its target.
A slingshot only works well when its frame is strong. For the effective salesperson, this means the right attitude, beliefs, and character. Remember that a strong frame provides the structure to allow the salesperson to use the slingshot process to aim, pull back, hold, and release to the target. Without a strong frame, the salesperson is weak and ungrounded.
Successful salespeople, have some or all of the following traits (Components):
- Ability to EMPATHIZE, including the ability to read subtle clues by the prospect.
- Desire to WIN and ACHIEVE. Top salespeople love the game and they WELCOME REJECTION.
- They are OPTIMISTS. When a setback happens, they assume it will be temporary, that it is externally caused, and that it only applies to a specific part of their lives.
- AUTHENTIC. They are authentic with prospects because they don’t mind telling the truth. If you have a concern, you voice it. You can be authentic and diplomatic.
- They effectively balance RELATIONSHIPS, RESULTS, and EGO. Three forces are always at work with salespeople: building relationships, getting results (by closing sales and hitting sales goals), and managing their egos.
Thom Torode is a NJ based Professional Executive & Business Coach. He has owned over 5 different businesses and is currently the Managing Director for Sunrise Business Advisors. Thom’s expertise includes working with those business owners who have plateaued getting them unstuck and back in growth mode. Additionally, Thom works with both franchisees and franchisors in helping them develop their leadership. Thom is also Director Consultant with BNI. When not helping business owners and their teams create the business and lives they want and need, he can be found following his kids activities.